TEHAMA COUNTY CCW AND INFORMATION AND OVERVIEW
NOTE: All information contained on this page is to be used for informational purposes only and is not considered legal advice. Processes and procedures in individual issuing agencies are known to change and therefore specific questions should be directed at the agency itself using the contact information included on this page.
TEHAMA COUNTY CCW PERMIT INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION:
NOTE: Residents of the Cities of Red Bluff and Corning must apply to their respective Chiefs of Police for a California CCW Permit approval. Please visit the Cities of Red Bluff and Corning CCW Overview Page on the NFI web-site for more info.
TEHAMA COUNTY CCW PERMITS ARE ISSUED AT THE TEHAMA COUNTY SHERIFF’S DEPARTMENT: 22840 ANTELOPE BLVD, RED BLUFF, CA 96080
CCW INFORMATION AND APPOINTMENT LINE
• Must be 21 years of age (Exception: May be 18 years of age if you can lawfully own a weapon).
• Must be a full-time resident of Tehama County, however not a resident of the city limits of Red Bluff or Corning.
• NFI is an approved firearm instruction company for Tehama county
• Must have no felony convictions, convictions of any offense involving the use of a firearm, or any convictions for any offense involving the use of force or violence
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
Those interested persons meeting the above qualifications may obtain an application in person at the Tehama County Sheriff’s Department, Records Division, located at 22840 Antelope Boulevard in Red Bluff; between the hours of 9:00 A.M. and 4:00 P.M. Monday through Friday, or you can download the application from this web page.
TEHAMA COUNTY CCW APPLICATION PROCESS:
1) Download the California Department of Justice Standard CCW Application from this web-site or the Tehama County Sheriff’s Web-site.
2) Contact the Tehama County Sheriff’s Department to schedule an appointment to turn in the application. Fill out the application in its entirety. NOTE: There is no application for a California CCW renewal in Tehama County. Simply make your appointment and attend to get a new permit typed up.
3) Schedule your authorized CCW training with NFI.
4) Attend the appointment with the Tehama County Sherriff’s Office. Submit your Department of Justice California CCW form as well as all required documentation and training certificates. At this appointment you will be fingerprinted and all background checks will be submitted, in addition your guns will be inspected. The background check process can take from 6-24 weeks. You will pay $120.50 at this appointment for your CCW fees.
5) When your background checks are completed, the Tehama County Sheriff’s Department will contact you to return and be interviewed by a Lieutenant. Once the interview is complete the permit is issued for 2 years.
TEHAMA COUNTY CCW SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS:
• An appointment required to apply and to renew an existing CCW permit. An appointment is also required to add a new gun (modify) to an existing Tehama County CCW permit.
• The Tehama County Sheriff’s Department will only renew an existing California CCW Permit that was issued in Tehama County.
• Tehama County does not require an applicant to qualify with the same firearm that will be listed on their CCW permit during training. NFI always supplies guns to Tehama County students at no charge.
• To obtain a CCW permit in Tehama County, you must be a permanent resident of the United States and a current resident of Tehama County.
• Guns that are listed on a CCW application to be included on an individual CCW permit in Tehama County must be (a) registered to the individual, (b) must be registered to the individual’s spouse, or (c) must be registered to another person who currently resides at the same address in Tehama County.
• The statement of training on the NFI training certificate must state whether the authorized CCW training course was for a renewal or initial CCW.
• Any training certificate used for the application or renewal will expire 90 days after the date of training. An applicant has 90 days to get to their first appointment with the Sheriff’s Department and turn in their initial application. This rule also applies to renewal training certificates.
• DO NOT BRING MAGAZINES TO ANY CCW APPOINTMENT! ALL FIREARMS MUST BE TRANSPORTED IN A LOCKED CONTAINER AND UNLOADED.
• Tehama County mandates 8 hours of training to qualify for a CCW. This training muse be conducted with an authorized training organization.
• CCW application fees are: Initial CCW-$120.50. Renewal CCW-$50.00