Modification of a Placer County CCW Permit

Modify a Placer County CCW Permit

What is the process to modify any information on your CCW Permit?
A current permit holder would need to make modifications to an existing permit for the following reasons:

• Recently moved and still live within Placer County. You have 10 days after you move to modify your CCW permit with your new address.
• Recently moved and live outside Placer County.
• Add, drop, or change a weapon. Proof of qualification must be submitted for any new weapon. All qualifications must be from an instructor from our approved list.

• Legally changed your name.

To modify your permit you will need to complete the Placer County/DOJ Modification form .

Modifications are processed within the Placer County Sheriff’s Records Unit and may be done on a Walk-In basis.

Beginning January 26th, 2015 the Sheriff’s Dept. will be changing the walk-in dates for CCW’s;
Tuesdays, Thursdays 8:00 am to 2:00 pm and Fridays 11:00 am to 5:00 pm.

There will be a $5 charge for a CCW Permit modification, payment made payable to “Placer County Sheriff’s Office”. For further information regarding modifying a CCW Permit, you may contact 530-889-6939.