June 16, 2019 – June 22, 2019
The Oxford Suites
Lodging packages for this event are available from the Oxford Suites in Redding, Ca. Lodging package is $118 nightly including room and hospitality package with nightly reception and hot breakfast. Contact the Oxford Suites, 530-221-0100 and ask for the NRA Training Package Rate.
Welcome to NFI! Our Chief Instructor Ted Lidie has taught hundreds of NRA instructors and enjoys the reputation as one of the finest NRA Training Counselors in the Nation. Ted teaches over 2,000 students yearly and this experience is passed on to you in his highly popular NRA Instructor Courses. Ted can always be reached at 530-999-1822, call or text!
ATTN: Prerequisites for all instructor level courses include NRA Basic Instructor Training and The Basic Level Course (example: NRA Basic Pistol Training) for the instructor discipline that you plan on attending.
What: This page is to register for the entire week of training in Redding Ca. The courses will be taught at two locations: The Oxford Suites, 1967 Hilltop Dr, Redding, Ca 96002, and the Redding gun club, 21777 Seven Lakes Lane, Redding, Ca 96003. These classes sold separately would cost $1,424.00.00 but this registration page is for the entire week of classes for $1,300.00! All classes are taught from 9-6 PM.
Who would take this week-long course? Experienced firearms enthusiasts with a passion for teaching others. Opportunities to use an NRA certified credential include, employees of gun ranges, CCW instructors, basic firearm instructors, Boy Scout leaders, 4H leaders, scholastic instructors and college shooting coaches, just to name a few. There are shooting qualifications during the instructor level courses, so ensure you practice your shooting skills with your chosen firearm before the course.
When: All classes are taught from 9-6 PM. Here is a detailed list of courses for the week.
6/16/19: NRA Certified Basic Pistol Course. Oxford Suites, This is a great course for a new shooter and a mandated requirement to take the NRA Pistol Instructor Course on 6/18/19. ($199 Separately)
6/17/19: NRA Certified Basic Instructor Training. Oxford Suites. No additional charge for this required course if you are registered for the 6/18/19 Instructor Pistol or 6/20/19 Instructor Rifle. Required!
6/18/19: NRA Certified Pistol Instructor Training. Redding Gun Club ($299 if taken separately)
6/19/19: NRA Certified Rifle Course. Oxford Suites. Requirement to take the NRA Certified Rifle Instructor Course. ($199 if taken separately)
6/20/19: NRA Certified Rifle Instructor Course. Redding Gun Club ($299 if taken separately)
6/21/19: NRA Certified Range Safety Officer Course. Redding Gun Club. No prerequisites to take this course. ($199 if taken separately)
6/22/19: NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer Course. Redding Gun Club. Must complete NRA Basic Instructor Training, which will be taught at no additional charge on 6/17/19 at no additional charge if registered for an instructor course this week. ($299 if taken separately)
What you must bring to attend this course:
- Firearm appropriate for the course. Instructor level courses must use non-magnified sights. Red dot or scope is allowed without magnification. NRA Basic Firearms courses allow magnified sights if desired.
- 100 cartridges per day of shooting activities. There is no range time for range safety courses or NRA Basic Instructor Training.
- Eye and ear protection
- Classroom materials that will be sent to you via email approx. 14 days prior to your class date. Electronic communication is how the world turns in 2019! Check your email for updates and required materials. In order to be an NRA instructor you must have a working email address and know how to use it. It will also help if you have a printer. Instructor lesson plans can be downloaded to a tablet also. A phone will not work as it is too small to see in adverse conditions. For the classroom you can download to a lap-top computer.
- NRA number. If you do not have your NRA number present we will not be able to report your credential to the NRA by membership number, and you will be responsible for the long administration that comes with trying to be an NRA Instructor and not an NRA member. Your call.
- Plan for lunch daily. There are local eating establishments but many students prefer to eat in the classroom as there is always “homework” over the lunch hour.
- If you re attending an instructor level course, you must print and fill out the following forms. these forms are required and include the instructor pre-qualification program requirements for each course. If you cannot complete the skills listed on the form, you should practice them before the course. Instructor candidates who cannot complete the listed shooting and handling skills will not be credentialed as instructors. Select the link for your instructor course below:
Cancellation Policy. Refunds of 50% paid training fees are gladly given 14 days prior to the start day of the course. You can email or text Ted Lidie at 530-999-1822 to cancel. We are sorry, there are no refunds within 14 days of the start day of the course.