May 17, 2019 – May 17, 2019
San Leandro Rifle and Pistol Range
Welcome to NFI! Our Chief Instructor Ted Lidie has taught hundreds of NRA instructors and enjoys the reputation as one of the finest NRA Training Counselors in the area. Ted teaches over 2,000 students yearly and this experience is passed on to you in his highly popular NRA Instructor Courses. Ted can always be reached at 530-999-1822, call or text!
What: This page is to register for the NRA Certified Rifle Instructor Course in San Leandro Ca. The address is 3001 Davis St, San Leandro, Ca 94577. All classes are taught from 9-6 PM. NOTE: NRA Instructor Candidates must have completed the student-level course and NRA Basic Instructor Training to become an NRA Instructor. See the schedule below to plan appropriately.
Who would take this course? Experienced firearms enthusiasts with a passion for teaching others. Opportunities to use an NRA certified credential include, employees of gun ranges, CCW instructors, basic firearm instructors, Boy Scout leaders, 4H leaders, scholastic instructors and college shooting coaches, just to name a few. There are shooting qualifications during the instructor level courses, so ensure you practice your shooting skills with your chosen firearm before the course. In addition, you must also complete the NRA Basic Rifle Course (student level taught on 5/16/19 and the NRA Basic Instructor Training Course taught on 5/14/19 at the same location)
When: All classes are taught from 9-6 PM. There are several courses being taught in the same location and time-frame. Here are just a few.
5/13/19: NRA Certified Basic Pistol Course. This is a great course for new shooter and a mandated requirement to take the NRA Pistol Instructor Course on 5/15/19. ($229 Separately)
5/14/19: NRA Certified Basic Instructor Training. No addition charge for this required course if you are registered for the 5/14/19 Instructor Pistol or 5/17/19 Instructor Rifle. Required!
5/15/19: NRA Certified Pistol Instructor Training. ($325 if taken separately)
5/16/19: NRA Certified Rifle Course. Requirement to take the NRA Certified Rifle Instructor Course. ($229 if taken separately)
5/17/19: NRA Certified Rifle Instructor Course. ($325 if taken separately)
5/18/19: NRA Certified Range Safety Officer Course. No prerequisites to take this course. ($229 if taken separately)
What you must bring to attend this course:
- Firearm appropriate for the course. Instructor level courses must use non-magnified sights. Red dot or scope is allowed without magnification. In NRA Basic Firearms courses allow magnified sights if desired.
- 100 cartridges per day of shooting activities. There is no range time for range safety courses or NRA Basic Instructor Training.
- Eye and ear protection
- Classroom materials that will be sent to you via email approx. 14 days prior to your class date. Check your email for updates and required materials. In order to be an NRA instructor you must have a working email address and know how to use it. It will also help if you have a printer. Instructor lesson plans can be downloaded to a tablet also. A phone will not work as it is too small to see in adverse conditions. For the classroom you can download materials to a lap-top computer.
- NRA number. If you do not have your NRA number present we will not be able to report your credential to the NRA by membership number, and you will be responsible for the long administration that comes with trying to connect the “dots” without an NRA member number.
- Plan for lunch daily. There are local eating establishments but many students prefer to eat in the classroom as there is always “homework” over the lunch hour.
- If you re attending an instructor level course, you must print and fill out the following forms. these forms are required and include the instructor pre-qualification program requirements for each course. You must be able to complete the skills listed on the form, you should practice them before the course. Select the link for your instructor course below:
Cancellation Policy. Refunds of 50% paid training fees are gladly given 14 days prior to the start day of the course. You can email or text Ted Lidie at 530-999-1822 to cancel. We are sorry, there are no refunds within 14 days of the start day of the course.