PLACER COUNTY CALIFORNIA CCW OVERVIEW AND INSTRUCTIONS
The Placer County Sheriff’s Department is the California CCW Issuing Authority for all jurisdictions in Placer County California. The office located at:
2929 Richardson Drive
Auburn, CA 95603
Mon-Thurs: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m to 4:30 p.m.
Criteria for consideration of issuance a California CCW in Placer County
Pursuant to California Penal Code § 26150, the criteria are as follows:
1. Proof that the person applying is of good moral character
2. Proof that good cause exists for the issuance
3. Proof that the person applying is a resident of the county or a city within the county.
4. Proof that the person applying has completed, at least, an 8-hour course of training including instruction on firearm safety, the law regarding the permissible use of a firearm and qualification of weapon(s)/type(s) to be listed on permit.
5. Proof of no statutory prohibitions.
FOR MORE INFORMATION SELECT ONE OF THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS:
RENEWAL OF A PLACER COUNTY CCW PERMIT