This program and application is for the FIRST TIME HARVEST OF A WILD TURKEY. Please do not apply if you have already harvested a wild turkey in any season. Please ensure you are completing the application as accurately as possible, as all qualifications will be screened using the application, and hunters who do not meet the qualifications will not be entered into the random drawing. A California Hunting License is required to participate in this program and a class can be hard to find. Begin NOW studying and looking for a CA Hunter's Ed class. Sportsman's Warehouse normally has a class every month.
Please use a cell phone contact for your application if possible. We utilize text to communicate with our hunters and families when possible.
Welcome to the 2020 Xtreme Jakes Spring Turkey Hunt. This event is held every year through the National Wild Turkey Federation and donations of local businesses, land owners, and volunteers to introduce junior hunters to the wonders of the outdoor world through spring turkey hunting! The dates and events listed below are mandatory. Some of these events are important to the safety of our hunters and mentors and therefore cannot be missed. Before you apply for this program please ensure you have the time available to attend. We understand that junior hunters have many obligations. The opportunity presented here is truly once in a life-time. Please ensure that both the hunter and the parent/guardian can be available for all events.
TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS EVENT YOU MUST HAVE NEVER HARVESTED A WILD TURKEY IN ANY MANNER. THIS IS A NEW HUNTER'S OPPORTUNITY! PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU HAVE ALREADY HARVESTED A WILD TURKEY IN ANY SEASON. Hunters must be between 12-15 years old on the first date of hunting; 3/21/19. Hunter's must be accompanied by an adult in addition to the NWTF Mentor who will be leading the hunt. Hunting will take place on both private and public lands in the area. The hunting portion of this event is limited to the junior opening weekend of spring turkey season.
The drawing for this event will be held on 1/2/19. The email address on applications is the only way we will be able to contact applicants so please type carefully. If you do not receive confirmation of your application within 24 hours of your application please contact Ted Lidie via the contact app on the home page of this web site.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
- Drawing of hunters on 1/2/19.
- Hunters and parents meeting on 3/12/20 at 6;00, Round Table Pizza Clubhouse, Mt Shasta Mall, Redding, Ca 96002. Hunters will need $15 to apply for a NWTF Jakes Membership at www.nwtf.org and bring the number to this meeting. Mentor's, hunters, and parents/guardian are free to scout, shoot, and learn together to make this hunt the memory of a lifetime any time after the hunter has been drawn on 1/2/20.
- Shotgun clinic and turkey hunting seminar: 3/15/20, 9 AM-1 PM, Redding Gun Club. 21777 Seven Lakes Ln, Redding, Ca 96003. Bring a shotgun and a box of 7.5-9 shot shells. Individual parents will be contacted to help with providing the lunch meal at the Redding Gun Club as well as provide gun safety duties.
- OPENING DAY! 3/21/20! Hunters will hunt with their mentor's and parent/guardian. Opening day picnic will be at a to be determined location at 1:00 PM. Food, pictures, gun raffles, and more! Hunting will continue through 3/22/20, or until a turkey is harvested by individual hunters.
- End of hunt banquet, 3/26/20, 6:00 PM Anderson Community Center, 1887 Howard St, Anderson, Ca 96007. Join us for food, gun raffles, silent auction, a turkey calling contest and SO MUCH MORE! We celebrate our blessings and thank those who made this happen at this incredible event!
While registering below please use the notes section to communicate any special needs etc.
Good luck and we am looking forward to meeting each one of you!
For more information call (or text) Ted Lidie at (530)-999-1822, or Mike Dill at (530)-515-3993