Placer County CCW Permit Restrictions
Permit holders shall not, when carrying a weapon;
1. Consume any alcoholic beverage.
2. Commit any criminal act. You must report any arrest to the Sheriff’s Office CCW Coordinator within 10 days.
3. Be in a place having a primary purpose of dispensing alcoholic beverages for on-site consumption.
4. Be under the influence of any medication, drug, or alcohol.
5. Use any illegal drug.
6. Refuse to show permit or surrender weapon to law enforcement upon request.
7. Impede any peace officer.
8. Represent self as a peace officer to any person, if not so employed.
9. Possess weapon any place where prohibited by law or sign.
10. Unjustifiably display weapon.
11. Carry a concealed weapon not listed on the permit.
12. Fail to disclose during any law enforcement contact your status as a CCW permit holder. You must disclose whether or not you are carrying a weapon on your person or in your vehicle.
The restrictions above have been imposed by this agency under the California Penal Code 26200 and the DOJ Firearms Division. In addition to above, these restrictions can be found on the DOJ Carry Concealed Weapons Permit Application. Failure to adhere to any of the restrictions listed above may result in the revocation of your CCW permit.
Penal Code 26200(a) “A license issued pursuant to this article may include any reasonable restrictions or conditions that the issuing authority deems warranted, including restrictions as to the time, place, manner, and circumstances under which the licensee may carry a pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person. […]”