The following regulations pertain to the weapons permitted for Placer County CCW permit holders.
- The weapon shall be the product of a recognized manufacturer free from mechanical and other flaws, within tolerances determined by manufacturer’s specifications, and in good working order.
Weapons approved shall be either revolver or semi-automatic with an ammunition capacity of no less than five rounds.
- Weapons must have a bullet with a specification of no less than .25 caliber, nor greater than .45 caliber. Derringer or other “hide-away” type weapons, or “single shot” weapons are not permitted. If the weapon is listed as a “single shot” weapon with the Department of Justice, it is prohibited from being carried as a concealed weapon.
- There is a maximum of three (3) weapons allowed on a CCW permit.
- Any weapon listed on a CCW permit must be registered with California Department of Justice, Firearms Bureau to the holder of the permit. If you have brought the gun in from another state or are uncertain if the gun is registered to you, you must verify that the weapons are indeed registered to you with DOJ. You cannot use a weapon owned by a spouse, it must be registered to you.
- We allow modification to enhance sighting such as laser sights and or night sights. This includes modifications to grips. We do not allow modifications to the weapons that would alter it from the manufacturer’s original setting